Fraud Dispute

Dispute a Fraudulent Transaction


  • You have been contacted by our Risk Management Department regarding a suspicious transaction.
  • You have discovered an authorization amount pending on your account. Please allow the transaction to post as in some case the transaction may not post.
  • You see a transaction posted that you did not participate in.
  • Your card has been lost or stolen.

Contact Westerra immediately so we may block your card from further activity. During business hours call 303-321-4209 or 1-800-858-7212. During non-business hours call 1-888-241-2510.


  • We will issue you a new card with a new number once we block your old card. Your new card can be instantly issued at any Westerra branch or we can mail a card to you.
  • Complete the Fraudulent Transaction Dispute Form.
  • The dispute form must be submitted no later than 60 days after you received the statement on which the disputed transaction appeared.
  • Typically, your account will receive a provisional credit within 10 business days after the receipt of your dispute form, dependent upon the card and transaction type. It may take up to 90 days to complete the investigation.
  • If the dispute is resolved in your favor, the provisional credit will become permanent and you will be advised in writing. If the disputed transaction is not resolved in your favor, you will receive written notification prior to the funds being reversed.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q:  How could someone use my card if I have my card?

A:  It is not uncommon for fraudsters to steal card information from a merchant or an ATM without anyone’s immediate knowledge. At Westerra we strive to provide the best security possible for our members. It is important that we block your card immediately if you suspect any possible fraudulent charges on your card.

Q:  I mistakenly left my card at a merchant, but went and got it back.  Why do you need to give me a new card and new number?

A:  If your card is out of your possession there is a chance someone may have copied your information. To be perfectly safe in these situations, we will give you a new card with a new card number.

Q:  How can I protect my cards from fraud?

A:  Westerra offers CardNav to be used on your mobile device. This is an app that can be downloaded to your phone. It will give you alerts on your phone when your cards are being used. You can turn your cards on and off at any time, by using your CardNav App. You can also set spending limits and approved merchants.  If you need assistance with the CardNav App, please contact us at 303-321-4209.

To submit the Fraudulent Transaction Dispute form, please return the form and any additional documents within 10 days to:

Mail:  Westerra Credit Union, Attn: Card Services Dept., 3700 East Alameda Avenue Denver, CO 80209

Fax:  1-855-610-5478

Scan and Email: 

Please call Card Services at 303-321-4209 with any questions and to verify the receipt of your form and documents.